The Association of Food & Drug Officials of the Southern States (AFDOSS) is offering a $4,500 scholarship awarded to top students who have demonstrated the desire to serve in careers associated with research, regulatory work, quality control, or teaching in an area related to some aspect of foods, drugs, or consumer safety products.
Required GPA: 3.0
Deadline: March 15th
The 2019 recipient of the Mary Logan Scholarship will be announced at the AFDOSS Business Luncheon on June 25th, during the 2019 AFDO Annual Education Conference to be held in Atlanta, Georgia.
- Have primary residence in one of the AFDOSS states (Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, or the territory of Puerto Rico) to be eligible for consideration.
- Be either a current, or officially accepted, part-time or full-time student planning to attend college the next semester pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree.
- Have a desire to serve in a career of research, regulatory work, quality control, or teaching in an area related to some aspect of foods, drugs or consumer product safety.
- Have demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Have at least a 3.0 grade point average.
- Submit a completed application, two (2) letters of recommendation, and a copy of the most recent transcripts on or before March 15 of the current year.