About the Program
We are offering EDUC 567 Assessment of Abnormal Behavior as a way for you to further understand the assessment and diagnosis of mental health disorders. This course satisfies the Diagnostics of Psychopathology coursework needed in order to apply for state licensure in South Carolina as a professional counselor (LPC).
The LPC allows you the opportunity to work in a clinical setting or private practice as a professional counselor. In addition to a master’s degree in counseling and/or social work, students need to have completed 60 credit hours (including an approved course in diagnosis and assessment), successfully pass the National Counseling Exam, and then complete 1500 hours of supervised clinical work.
You can access detailed information about the SC LPC course requirements and process at https://llr.sc.gov/cou/pub.aspx
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
This course informs learners about the assessment, diagnosis (DSM V), and treatment of children, adolescents, and adults with psychological disorders.
- Students will demonstrate knowledge of the assessment of psychological disorder
- Students will show a working knowledge of differentiating between similar diagnoses
- Students will display an understanding of the vocabulary and criteria associated with select disorders
Modalities of Instruction
- Hybrid ;Online, Synchronous (Scheduled Meeting Times)
- Online, Asynchronous (On Demand)
Aspirational Career Sector
62. Health Care & Social Assistance