About the Program
With cybercrime on the rise, cybersecurity grows more vital with each passing day.
Our nation’s leaders recognize cybersecurity as a national imperative, and there is an immediate need for cybersecurity workforce development in the Lowcountry. Major employers of computing professionals and the defense and business industry in the Charleston region are increasingly interested in employees specializing in cybersecurity. The Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity is a joint program with the College of Charleston with classes being held at The Citadel campus and College of Charleston Harbor walk campus.
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
The Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity prepares you to play a critical role in the world of Internet security. By the end of this program, students will be able to:
- Describe basic components of cybersecurity
- Characterize the security profile of different types of networks
- Analyze and use classical and public key cryptography algorithms
- Secure a system from different kinds of attacks 5. Analyze security of a cybersystem and perform risk assessment 6. Discuss legal and ethical issues relating to cybersecurity
Modalities of Instruction
Aspirational Career Sector
51. Information (Print Publishing, Software, Motion Picture, Audio & Music, Radio & TV, Telecommunication, Data, Other Information Technology)