About the Program
Students in the Master of Arts in History program at the College of Charleston are challenged in ways that enhance their education and provide access to the larger scholarly discussion in historical scholarship. This program — offered jointly with the Citadel Graduate College — features small classes rich in stimulating discussion and analysis. The City of Charleston provides ample archival resources, research sites, and employment opportunities. The program offers a Concentration in Public History.
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
- Student Learning Outcome #1: Graduate students who complete the Master of Arts in History program will be able to conduct historical research using primary sources;
- Student Learning Outcome #2: Graduate students who complete the Master of Arts in History program will be able to communicate their findings effectively in writing;
- Student Learning Outcome #3: Graduate students who complete the Master of Arts in History program will be able to explain scholarship in the discipline (historiography).
Tracks or Concentrations
- Public History
- African American History
Modalities of Instruction
- Online, Synchronous (Scheduled Meeting Times)
- Online, Asynchronous (On Demand)
Aspirational Career Sector
- 61. Education
- 92. Public Administration, National Security, & Government Services (including cybersecurity)