About the Program
This program is designed to prepare international affairs professionals. Students expand their knowledge of the theoretical and policy issues involved in international politics and the ideas and values that influence the behavior of state and non-state actors. Students build the critical thinking, analytical, leadership, and communication skills needed to successfully foster transnational relationships in an increasingly globalized environment.
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrate mastery of the main concepts relevant to the field of international politics.
- Apply the theories, concepts, and methods used in international politics to analyze specific problems and events.
- Present clear, concise, and compelling summaries and analyses.
- Describe organizational structures and operations of domestic and international institutions engaged in international political affairs.
- Explain leadership principles as they apply to the military, foreign service, and governmental and international agencies.
- Evaluate the role of ethics in US military, diplomatic, and intelligence operations.
- Engage in research and policy analysis of international political and security-related issues.
- Collaborate and work effectively in teams
Modalities of Instruction
- Online, Asynchronous (On Demand)
Aspirational Career Sector
92. Public Administration, National Security, & Government Services (including cybersecurity);Policy Analyst