About the Program
The TAPR concentration seeks to develop future strength and conditioning practitioners aspiring to train sport and/or tactical athletes (e.g. military, law enforcement, fire/rescue).
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
The learning outcomes for the concentration include the following:
- Candidates will assess acute and chronic responses to exercise and cognitive performance training.
- Candidates will perform strength, power, speed, and flexibility exercises in accordance with National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA) technique guidelines.
- Candidates will develop comprehensive training programs addressing the physical and cognitive performance demands experienced by tactical athletes.
- Candidates will demonstrate effective pedagogical practices in coaching athletic movement skills.
- Candidates will demonstrate behaviors essential to becoming an effective professional. They will exhibit professional ethics and culturally competent practices, seek opportunities for continued professional development, and demonstrate knowledge regarding scope of practice.
Tracks or Concentrations
TAPR is a concentration within the MS in Health, Exercise, and Sport Science program
Modalities of Instruction
Aspirational Career Sector