About the Program
The Citadel’s Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering program is to provide a student-centered learning environment focused on advanced applied engineering techniques and professional skills development for principled leaders in the engineering community through a rigorous curriculum, emphasizing practical engineering concepts, strong professional values, and a disciplined work ethic.
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrate breadth of knowledge in complimentary areas of mechanical engineering that promotes an awareness of and skill in interdisciplinary problem solving.
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge in a chosen focus area of mechanical engineering that allows the student to apply innovative techniques to solve problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge in methods of advanced analysis appropriate for professional use when solving problems.
- Demonstrate knowledge of contemporary issues in their chosen focus area.
Tracks or Concentrations
- Advanced Materials
- Power and Energy
Modalities of Instruction
Aspirational Career Sector
- 22. Utilities (associated with Energy & Power)
- 31-33. Manufacturing
- 54. Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services (Legal, CPA & Taxes, Architect & Landscape, Engineering, Design Services, Computer Systems, Administrative Professional Consulting, Scientific R&D, PR Marketing & Advertising, Photography, Translation & Interpretation Services, Veterinary Services)