About the Program
The 15 credit hour Graduate Certificate in Military Leadership provides an opportunity for civilian and military students to pursue a course of study in military leadership. The courses, offered 100% online, examine world and U.S. military leaders from the perspective of effectiveness, style and practice. In addition, the program includes the study of the evolution of military leadership thought within the larger body of knowledge on leadership. Courses cover contemporary military leadership issues and strategy.
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
- Recognize the major approaches and basic theories used to analyze leadership in a range of contexts.
- Understand the fundamental principles and dynamics that are common to leadership in military organizations.
- Identify key traits, skills, styles, and behaviors that contribute to leadership effectiveness in military contexts.
- Employ appropriate and effective leadership tactics and skills necessary to critically evaluate, identify, solve problems, and resolve conflicts.
- Integrate ethical values that enhance leadership outcomes.
Tracks or Concentrations
Modalities of Instruction
Online, Asynchronous (On Demand)
Aspirational Career Sector
- 54. Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services (Legal, CPA & Taxes, Architect & Landscape, Engineering, Design Services, Computer Systems, Administrative Professional Consulting, Scientific R&D, PR Marketing & Advertising, Photography, Translation & Interpretation Services, Veterinary Services)
- 56. Administrative and Support and Waste Management and Remediation Services
- 61. Education
- 92. Public Administration, National Security, & Government Services (including cybersecurity)