About the Program
Our online Ph.D. in Nursing Science program prepares graduates to pursue a career in research and professional leadership. Courses provide foundational education in philosophy of science and theory, research design and methods, data analysis, ethics, team science, conduct of research, leadership, policy, and knowledge translation and dissemination. We offer three year and four year plans of study. Individuals without a nursing background may benefit from this degree and should contact the program director about eligibility.
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
- Engage in collaborative learning with our faculty in one or more of the following broad areas:
- Symptom science/self-management
- Health services research
- Behavioral health
- Technology enhanced interventions
- Community/patient engagement
- Utilize philosophical, theoretical, and conceptual foundations to guide the generation of new knowledge in health care.
- Develop expertise within an area of inquiry, identifying critical gaps in knowledge and reflecting a nursing and transdisciplinary perspective.
- Conduct theory-guided research that informs health care systems, policy, and practice.
- Demonstrate proactive leadership related to a selected area of scholarship.
- Model values consistent with integrity in science and professional nursing.
Modalities of Instruction
- Online, Asynchronous (On Demand)
Aspirational Career Sector
- 62. Health Care & Social Assistance
- 54. Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services (Legal, CPA & Taxes, Architect & Landscape, Engineering, Design Services, Computer Systems, Administrative Professional Consulting, Scientific R&D, PR Marketing & Advertising, Photography, Translation & Interpretation Services, Veterinary Services)