About the Program
The Specialist in Educational Leadership Degree prepares professionals for certification at the superintendent’s level. This advanced degree between the Master’s and Doctoral degrees focuses on knowledge of school law, trends, and budgeting as well as goal setting and problem diagnosis in such areas as instructional programs, staff development, and community relations.
Offered by The Citadel with classes centrally located at the Lowcountry Graduate Center, attend hybrid schedules carefully fitted to your workload.
Lee Westberry, Ph.D.
Zucker Family School of Education
To learn more about this program, visit:
- A minimum qualifying score on the state administrator’s examination prior to entrance into the internship.
- Three years teaching experience.
- Program Audit showing completion of 33 credit hours:
- Required courses, 27 credit hours
- Two internships, EDUC 632 and EDUC 633, (9-12 internship hours per week over a six-month period), six credit hours