About the Program
The Citadel’s Structural Engineering Certificate program provides a student-centered learning environment focused on advanced applied engineering techniques and professional skills development for principled leaders in the engineering community through a rigorous curriculum, emphasizing practical engineering concepts, strong professional values, and a disciplined work ethic.
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
At the time of graduation from the Structural Engineering Certificate, a student should achieve an acceptable level of skills and knowledge in the following outcomes:
- Demonstrate a depth of knowledge in a chosen certificate focus area.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of contemporary issues in a certificate focus area.
- Design, formulate and solve ill-defined engineering problems appropriate to certificate focus by selecting and applying appropriate techniques and tools.
- Design a complex system or process in a traditional or emerging advanced specialized technical area appropriate to certificate focus area.
Tracks or Concentrations
- Structural Analysis
- Building Design
- Coastal Structures
Modalities of Instruction
- Online, Synchronous (Scheduled Meeting Times)
- Online, Asynchronous (On Demand)
Aspirational Career Sector
- 92. Public Administration, National Security, & Government Services (including cybersecurity)
- 81. Other Services (except Public Administration)
- 54. Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services (Legal, CPA & Taxes, Architect & Landscape, Engineering, Design Services, Computer Systems, Administrative Professional Consulting, Scientific R&D, PR Marketing & Advertising, Photography, Translation & Interpretation Services, Veterinary Services);Engineering & Design
- 22. Utilities (associated with Energy & Power)