Please ensure your submission will meet the criteria below BEFORE applying! You can link to the form at the bottom of the page.
Please note that applicants from only the following institutions will be considered:
- College of Charleston
- The Citadel
1) Directly related to a New or Substantially Changed Program (using SACSCOC definitions) – in their initial 3-5 years or new marketing campaign for workforce development of a new or significantly expanding local employer or because of local demand generated by a new, emergent technology or force driving demand
2) Used in course development directly, including temporary stipends to faculty
3) Direct, out of pocket marketing and advertising supporting #1 above
4) Equipment such as specialized teaching technology hardware and software, including licenses
5) Professional compensation and stipends, including for hourly administrative support
The LGC Opportunity Fund Grant requires institutions to provide either in-kind or matching dollars for projects selected for funding.
1) Expenses for third parties or consultants
2) Research to justify the proposed new program idea
3) Tuition abatements or scholarships for students, including:
– Capital costs for buildings and other capitalized assets, including leases
– Generic assets and supplies used interchangeably among multiple programs
– Non-academic related expenses, such as for athletic facilities, events by student affairs, etc.
– Travel expenses
– Entertainment, gifts, or awards of any kind
Timeline for Decisions and Release of Funds to the Institution
Your Chair, Dean, and Provost must also approve of your program or project at the time of submission.
- Summer Submissions (April 14 , 2023 deadline):
- Decision at May meeting of the LGC Supervisory Council.
- Fall Submissions (August 4, 2023 deadline):
- Decision at September meeting of the LGC Supervisory Council.
- Winter Submissions (December 8, 2023 deadline):
- Decision at January meeting of the LGC Supervisory Council.
Release of funds usually occurs within 30 calendar days after approval of proposal. Approved projects require an annual audit of spending and project progress. Details to be provided upon project approval.