The Lowcountry Graduate Center (LGC) has partnered with Tutor Matching Service (TMS) to offer expanded tutoring options to students taking classes at our facility from any of our participating universities. TMS allows students to search for both students and non-students who offer private tutoring either online, in-person, or both. Students may search for tutors based on location, subject, cost, tutor rating, etc.
- Visit the Lowcountry Graduate Center’s Tutor Matching Service page.
- You will then need to type in the voucher code. If you don’t have a voucher code, you can get one by contacting Dr. Nancy Muller (mullernj@
lowcountrygradcenter.org) or stop by the front desk of the Lowcountry Graduate Center to get a code.
- After you have chosen a tutor for your desired course/subject, you will then be asked to set a date and time for your tutoring session.
- If the LGC’s tutoring assistance funds have been fully utilized for the semester a student has the option to a) pay personally – in which case this tutoring session will not be reimbursed by the LGC or b) seek tutoring assistance from your professor.
- For additional information about navigating the website, visit the TMS’ Frequently Asked Questions page.
We encourage all students enrolled in classes held at the LGC who wish to book a face to face 1:1 tutoring session to do so in one of our private study rooms in the library at our facility in North Charleston, as access and parking are easy and the location is secure.
If you’d like to be a private tutor, visit the TMS’ For Tutors page and follow the prompts to sign up.
*Tutors on TMS do not work for the LGC. These are individuals offering private services through TMS. They set their own fees and availability and LGC cannot guarantee the quality of the tutoring services they offer. However, TMS does offer a money-back guarantee on their tutoring services.