About the Program
The Cybersecurity graduate certificate is designed to address the rapid rise in demand for cybersecurity professionals. Computing professionals within the defense and business industries in the Lowcountry will have the opportunity to specialize in cybersecurity through this four-course (12 credit hours) certificate program.
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
The Graduate Certificate in Cybersecurity, which is offered jointly by the Graduate School of the University of Charleston, South Carolina and the Citadel, will prepare students to:
- Describe basic components of cybersecurity
- Characterize the security profile of different types of networks
- Analyze and use classical and public key cryptography algorithms
- Secure a system from different kinds of attacks
- Analyze security of a cyber system and perform risk assessment
- Discuss legal and ethical issues relating to cybersecurity.
Tracks or Concentrations
Modalities of Instruction
Aspirational Career Sector
54. Professional, Scientific, & Technical Services (Legal, CPA & Taxes, Architect & Landscape, Engineering, Design Services, Computer Systems, Administrative Professional Consulting, Scientific R&D, PR Marketing & Advertising, Photography, Translation & Interpretation Services, Veterinary Services);