About the Program
Designed to deliver an understanding of communication theories, strategic marketing, leadership, and media, this streamlined 30-hour online program gives students conceptual knowledge and marketable skills.
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
MCOM Student Learning Outcomes:
- SLO1: Students will conduct original research effectively.
- SLO2: Students will explain and apply communication theory.
- SLO3: Students will identify the core tenets of various research methods.
- SLO4: Students will develop writing skills to enhance professional performance.
- SLO5: Students will assess published communication scholarship.
Modalities of Instruction
- Online, Synchronous (Scheduled Meeting Times)
- Online, Asynchronous (On Demand)
Aspirational Career Sector
- 44-45. Retail Trade
- 51. Information (Print Publishing, Software, Motion Picture, Audio & Music, Radio & TV, Telecommunication, Data, Other Information Technology)
- 52. Finance & Insurance
- 53. Real Estate Rental & Leasing
- 55. Management of Companies & Enterprises
- 61. Education
- 62. Health Care & Social Assistance
- 71. Arts, Entertainment, & Rec.
- 92. Public Administration, National Security, & Government Services (including cybersecurity)