About the Program
Designed for professionals who are working in urban and regional planning, or a related field, this program provides an overview of the theories and practices used to identify, analyze and solve urban and regional planning problems. In the Lowcountry of South Carolina, such problems often pertain to economic development, mobility and accessibility, sustainability, housing, community and civic engagement as well as the preservation of quality of life.
Program Learning Outcomes: Skills and Knowledge
- Explain the processes and benefits of land use regulation, preservation, and comprehensive planning
- Demonstrate oral and written skills that combines comprehensive knowledge of American Planning
- Participate in peer discussions regarding urbanization
- Apply and critique the ArcGIS software to explore real-world urban problems Describe how planning practices in our study city have been influenced by the development of the urban environment in North America
Tracks or Concentrations
There are no tracks or concentrations in this certificate program.
Modalities of Instruction
- Online, Synchronous (Scheduled Meeting Times)
Aspirational Career Sector
92. Public Administration, National Security, & Government Services (including cybersecurity)